Simple and Delicious Pizza Recipe
Pizza is one of my all time favourite foods but the problem is, pizza from takeaway stores and even some restaurants just doesn’t seem to be that tasty or that traditional. It is for this reason that over the past few months, I’ve been perfecting my own simple, cheap and delicious Pizza recipe which I now think is at good enough stage to share with the wonderful visitors of Cajunlicious. Here it goes:
For the Pizza base
250g Plain White Flour (high protein content if possible)
1 level teaspoon of salt
1 level tablespoon of sugar
1 level teaspoon dried yeast (around 6 – 7 grams)
150ml warm water
Drizzle of olive oil
Extra flour for dusting
1. Add flour and salt to a large mixing bowl with a small drizzle of olive oil. Stir with wooden spoon.
2. Add the yeast and sugar to 150ml warm water and stir for 30 seconds. Leave to sit with tea towel on top for 5 minutes until the mixture froths slightly.
3. Pour water into the flour and mix together until the mixture comes together into a dough like ball.
4. Dust a flat surface with flour and tip the dough onto it. Knead the dough for 10 – 15 minutes then leave to rise in a warm area for 30 – 40 minutes until doubled in size.
5. Pull or roll the dough into a pizza shaped disc (around 12 inches in size) and put on a pizza tray or stone (if you have one)
For the sauce (makes enough for 3 large pizzas)
1 tin of tomatoes (400 grams)
1 heaped tablespoon of tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
Drizzle of vinegar (red wine if possible)
1 small onion (or half a large onion)
Basil and Oregano (half a teaspoon each)
1 garlic clove
Bay leaf (optional)
1. Dice the onion and sauté in a saucepan with olive oil until soft.
2. Add the remainder of the ingredients to the pan and stir.
3. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes or so, adding more water if the mixture gets too thick.
4. Remove bay leaf and add mixture to blender or if you prefer your sauce chunky, skip this step.
5. Divide into 3 equal portions.
For the topping:
Ball of mozzarella cheese
Topping of your choice (pepperoni, tuna, sweetcorn, chilli’s…BE CREATIVE)
And that’s it, all that is left to do now is to put your pizza in the oven at 180 degree for around 10 – 15 minutes and then eat it! You can store the remainder of the sauce safely in the fridge or freezer for another day!
Bio: David is a keen cook and loves almost all cuisines; he often cooks and invents his own recipes at home. David also owns a Pork Chop Recipes website, dedicated to publishing the best pork chop recipes on the net.