This has got to be one of my favorite sauces for crab cakes, as many of you know I could eat crab cakes all day long the blood orange aioli adds a fresh new flavor. Who knew that a juice would become my new favorite ingredient?!
For the Crab Cakes you will need
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 celery stalk with leaves, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons Volcano Lemon Burst
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup Vegan Mayo, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup panko, divided
- 1 pound lump blur crab meat
- Pre-heat oven to 400º
- Mix all ingredients except crab and panko in a large bowl and combine well. Stir in ½ the panko and carefully fold in the crab, being careful not to break it up.
- Form crab mixture into patties, using about 1/4 cup for each. Press both sides of patties into panko.
- Place crab cakes onto a baking stone, spray with olive oil spray and bake until crispy and golden brown.
For the Blood Orange Aioli
- ½ cup Vegan Mayo
- ¼ cup Italian Volcano Blood Orange Juice
- 2 teaspoons Volcano Lemon Burst
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender
- Pulse until fully combined
- Season to taste with salt & pepper
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to fully marry.
- Serve alongside the crab cakes and enjoy!