So, what are your plans for this Sunday lunch? Have you decided to book seats at your nearest eatery or thought of calling up your friends for hardcore partying? Well, the second option will seem perfect. Arranging a party at home is always a great option since you get to cook exclusive recipes and this lets you exhibit your culinary skills, isn’t it? So, why don’t you try something different this time? Instead of preparing the same and old pastas or seafood, go for steaks. If you are really willing to leave your friends spellbound at the dinner table, try preparing Peppered Steaks with Mushroom Yorkshires and the Caribbean Jerk Steak.
So, here are the details for Peppered Steaks with Mushroom Yorkshires. Take a look:
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Field mushrooms (Portobello) – 4
- Beaten egg – 1
- Plain flour – 75g
- Dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon
- Sirloin steaks without fat weighing 100g each – 4
- Skimmed milk – 5 tablespoons
- Cracked peppercorns – 2 teaspoons
- A bit of ground black pepper freshly ground and fine sea salt
Methods to prepare:
– Take an oven and preheat it to 220C. Take a mushroom keeping its stalk faced upwards and keep it in each and every hole of a four-hole non-stick in a Yorkshire pudding tin. Take salt and pepper to season them and thereafter take a pinch of oil to drizzle them over each stalk. Do not take more than 10 minutes to roast.
– In the meantime, rest the flour in the bowl. Once done, create a well in the centre. Once done, beat the milk, egg and water in 2 tablespoons so that a smooth batter can be created. Take salt and pepper for seasoning.
– Get the mushrooms off the tin, allow the batter to pour and make sure that each mushroom has been well surrounded with batter. Get back to the oven giving it nearly 20 minutes till it turns dark golden.
– Get a heavy pan for broiling. Get the steaks seasoned with salt along with a pinch of mustard. Take peppercorns and press them well prior to sprinkling them all over the steaks. Once the Yorkshires are almost ready, start cooking the steaks taking not more than three minutes till each side turns brownish.
– Once done, start serving each steak along with the Yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes and gravy.