Perfect for the holidays, any get together, party, appetizer, or a meal for two.
Seafood Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Author: Jessica Chiasson Wood
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 pound of Baby Bella mushrooms
- 3 ounces lump crab meat
- 2 ounces finely chopped shrimp
- Parkay butter spray or 1 stick of butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1-tablespoon cream
- ½-cup bread crumbs
- 1-tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1-tablespoon lemon juice + a wedge to squeeze on top
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Hot sauce
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp towel.
- Pop out the stems, chop, and set aside.
- Spray mushroom caps with the parkay butter spray.
- Spay a shallow baking dish with butter spary.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the butter into a saucepan; add reserved chopped mushroom stems, minced onion, garlic, and red bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cooked ingredients with breadcrumbs, green onion, Greek yogurt, cream, lemon juice, crabmeat, shrimp, and seasonings.
- At this point, I added a few dashes of hot sauce and a few dashes of Tabasco pepper vinegar.
- Fill each mushroom cap, piling up.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and mushroom caps are tender.
- Serve with lemon wedges & enjoy!
The filling can be made in advance and refrigerated until ready for use.