Whip up a batch of this Witch’s Brew for your Halloween Party tonight!
Author: Jessica Chiasson Wood
Recipe type: Drinks
- 1 (6-ounce) package lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime soft drink, chilled
- 2 cups vodka, chilled
- Sliced Orange
- Sliced Kiwi
- Pour the gelatin mix into a large bowl.
- Slowly stir in the boiling water. Stir at least 2 minutes, until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in the pineapple juice. Let cool to room temperature.
- (Optional, but fun) Wearing heavy-duty gloves or using tongs, place a block of dry ice in the bottom of the cauldron.
- Use an ice pick to break the block into smaller chunks, if necessary.
- Fill the cauldron with just enough water to cover the dry ice. It will begin to "steam."
- Place the punch bowl inside the cauldron, on top of the dry ice. The cauldron will appear to be magically smoking.
- Carefully pour the drink mixture into the punch bowl. Slowly add the chilled vodka and lemon-lime soda.
- Place sliced fruit on top.
- Stir gently to mix.
Special equipment: 1 large black plastic cauldron (available at party or craft stores) 1 punch bowl that fits inside the cauldron 1 block dry ice (available at supermarkets, ice cream shops or ice companies) Recipe adapted from foodnetwork.com | Semi-Homemade Cooking