It’s cookie exchange season! If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably got a few go-to cookie recipes stashed up your sleeve that you make over and over again because they’re just that good. I love my go-to cookies—recipes become classics for a reason, right?—but one of the best parts of the holiday season is trying out new recipes and sharing the secrets to your favorite goodies with others.
These Caramel Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookies are definitely a holiday classic, for a few reasons. First of all, they’re filled with all sorts of yummy goodness: you’ve got triple the sweet with two types of chocolate and chocolate caramel candies, all balanced out by the salty chopped cashews. It’s your basic chocolate chip cookie, but upgraded—what’s not to love?
These cookies are also incredibly easy to bake, so they’re perfect for if you have a cookie exchange in 2 hours and need to make something fast. There’s only 20 minutes of prep time required and the entire process takes just 50 minutes from start to finish. They’re familiar enough that everyone at your party will reach for one, but so memorable that you’re practically guaranteed to get asked for the recipe.
What’s your favorite holiday cookie recipe? Post your no-fail recipe in the comments if you’ve got one, and be sure to give these cookies a try!
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 cup Blue Bonnet®-stick (1 cup = 2 sticks)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 pkgs (1.7 oz each) chocolate-covered caramels, quartered
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- ½ cup premier white morsels
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spray your baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat Blue Bonnet and sugars with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add the combined flour mixture and beat well.
- Stir in caramel candies, chocolate morsels, cashews and white morsels.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks. Cool completely.
This is a guest post by Meredith Kimelblatt on behalf of PAM®. Visit pamcookingspray.com for more baking tips to help out with your holiday cookie exchanges this month.