It’s a New Year and January is the start of the new Creative Cooking Group. Laz of Lazaro Cooks & Joan of Foodalogue will be hosting a group of talented food bloggers. Rather than doing makeovers, our mission each month is to create original dishes inspired by a theme. This month, the theme is vegan.
Our challenge: “Choose one of your favorite rich, heavy, fatty animal-protein-based meals and give it a healthy VEGAN spin.”
Even though this dish is not Cajun it is one of my favorite comfort foods…..who doesn’t love a plate or bowl of Spaghetti & Meatballs? This challenge was easy for me, my husband and I have been eating vegan for a while now. I have another blog, Best of the Veg full of vegan dishes inspired by my favorite everyday meat dishes.
On to Meatless Meatballs & Spaghetti
- 1 package Vegan Meatless Meatballs
- Red Sauce
- Vegan Parmesan cheese
- Quinoa Spaghetti
- Begin making the red sauce.
- Once sauce is done add in the “meatballs”.
- Simmer until “meatballs” are heated through.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain and add the pasta to the sauce & “meatballs”
- Toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle vegan Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve Garlic French or Italian bread for soaking up all the saucy goodness!
Today, Joan is going to post the round-up on her blog – 24 delicious vegan recipes for you to try, so don’t forget to check it out!