It’s labor Day and that leads to cookouts, especially on the grill and this Cajun girl will not be having hamburgers and hot dogs. We are cooking up the easiest grilled Cajun shrimp ever! They are cooked in a foil packet which leads to juicy, plump, and perfectly cooked shrimp.
Fell free to play around with whatever seasonings you like. I love garlic and tend to add it to everything so I went with a spicy garlic butter shrimp.
We even made a ton of roasted garlic, yum!
On to the DELICIOUS recipe!
- 1 pound Louisiana Shrimp, deveined, tails left on
- 1 stick cold butter
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash, Original
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a food processor, add the butter, Mrs. Dash seasoning, garlic, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Pulse until fully combined.
- Lay out a sheet of foil large enough to fit the shrimp and fold over to make a pocket.
- Arrange the shrimp in a single layer on the foil.
- Place pinches of the butter mixture over the shrimp.
- Fold the foil and make a pocket, making sure it is completely sealed. The packet should surround the shrimp closely, but not be tight.
- Place on the grill and cook until the shrimp turn bright pink and curl. All ow to steam to soak up all the flavors.
- To Serve: Transfer the shrimp to a plate and pour the sauce directly on top. You can also serve some of the sauce in a small dish for dipping.
You end up with these beautiful juicy shrimp!
Happy Labor Day everyone!