We are finally getting back to our Pizza Date Nights!!!! Every time my mom and dad come to visit they bring me fresh andouille sausage from home…YUM! I put it in everything from grits to gumbo and of course pizza. It adds amazing flavor to any dish. I’ve made pizzas before with andouille and I’ve made Muffuletta pizza, Muffuletta calzones, and Muffuletta bites so I sort of brought the two together. Capicola is one of my favorite ingredients on a muffuletta and adding it to pizza with andouille is truly delicious!
I could go on and on about these unique mouthwatering meats, but on to the recipe…
- Pre-made thin crust pizza dough
- Sauce (recipe to follow)
- Andouille sausage, diced
- Capicola, thinly sliced
- Pepperoni slices
- ½ cup Sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of Italian mixed cheese
- Pizza/Baking stone
- To make the sauce
- Cut an X in the bottom of 4 roma tomatoes. Steam in water until skins can be removed easily. Remove from heat and peel the skin off each tomato. In a food processor, add the tomatoes, 1 garlic clove, ½ teaspoon sea salt mixed with red chili flakes, ½ teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning, ½ teaspoon onion powder, and ½ teaspoon splenda. Pulse until tomatoes are chunky.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- While the oven is pre-heating, remove the pizza dough from the container and spread it onto the stone.
- Lightly brush the dough with olive oil
- Bake the pizza dough for 8 minutes on the lower rack of the oven.
- Remove from oven and top with the tomato sauce, white cheddar, Italian cheese blend, Andouille, Capicola, and pepperoni.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.