It’s officially HOT which makes me want to indulge in cool summer salads. I have been eating this salad since I can remember, it’s simple, delicious, and healthy.
My Dad would make this as a meal for lunch and now I make it as a side salad with most meals (during the hot months). It’s perfect for warm summer days, get together’s, lunch, or as a side to any meal.
- 1 English cucumber
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons organic sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped or minced red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped or minced sweet onion
- Thinly slice the cucumber using a mandolin
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Place the cucumber and dressing into a large plastic zip lock bag and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!