As I was organizing the pantry I look over to my right, see two cans of tuna, and immediately started craving tuna croquettes, they are crispy, tangy, and tasty. On the plus side, they are also very healthy if prepared by making a few minor adjustments. Normally croquettes are pan fried in oil, but I substituted 0-calorie Olive oil spray.
If you are not a fan of canned tuna please try this trust me you will never know. It made a believer out of me.
- 2 6 ounce cans Tuna, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Homemade Mayonaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- Pinch of dill
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- Place the tuna, onions, green onions, garlic, mustard, mayonaise, egg, lemon juice, salt, pepper, ½ teaspoon paprika, and ½ cup of the breadcrumbs into a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture into rounds cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place the remaining breadcrumbs and ½-teaspoon paprika into a shallow plate and mix.
- One at a time, coat each round in the panko on all sides.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Spray liberally with olive oil spray.
- Add the croquettes and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Serve with Healthy & Delicious Homemade Mayonnaise
Note: The Healthy & Delicious Homemade Mayonnaise is the recipe I used in the croquette recipe