I was thrilled when Foodie Blogroll and Thai Kitchen sent me a sampler pack to create a recipe in honor of the Chinese New Year, which is February 10th through the 24th. When I opened my sampler pack I was so excited to see the amazing products. Included in the sample pack was Spicy Kung Pao Stir-Fry Sauce, Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning, Jasmine Rice, Sweet Red Chili Dipping & All Purpose Sauce, and Purple Corn & Rice Noodles so I decided to make two dishes that would compliment each other.
- For the Vegetable Stir-Fry:
- 1 package of Simply Asia Spicy Kung pao stir-fry sauce
- 4 cups Stir-fry veggies of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Wok oil
- For the Sweet Ginger Garlic Jasmine Rice:
- 1 cup of Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice
- 2 tablespoons Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic seasoning
- 2 cups of Vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Start with the rice
- In a medium to large pot, bring broth or water to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium-low
- Stir in rice, Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic seasoning, and butter
- Cover and simmer 10 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Cook until rice is soft and tender
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes to insure the rice is completely cooked
- While the rice is cooking make the stir-fry
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat
- Add vegetables; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender-crisp
- Stir in Sauce until well mixed and heated through
- Serve with or over the Sweet Ginger Garlic Jasmine Rice
The Amazing Products I Received!
A Little About Thai Kitchen: At Thai Kitchen and Simply Asia, we’ve made your favorite Asian flavors available to enjoy anytime and anywhere. From noodles to sauces and seasonings, coconut milk to fish sauce, our premium products deliver restaurant-quality Asian cuisine in minutes. Our ingredients and recipes offer simple solutions to spice up any celebration – and what better time to “thai” new dishes than Chinese New Year? The traditional 15-day celebration kicks off February 10, 2013, and is a perfect reason to gather a group of friends and try tasty Asian cuisine. From mild to spicy, appetizers to dessert, Thai Kitchen and Simply Asia have something for every taste bud, sure to please even the most discerning palates.
The aromatic essences. The exotic flavors. The abundant texture. There’s no culinary experience that compares to Asian cuisine – whether you’re preparing a meal for the whole family or looking for a quick snack, we’re here to bring the adventure to your kitchen.
Thai Kitchen and Simply Asia offer a complete line of Asian ingredients and convenience items, including sauces, curry pastes, rice noodles, fish sauce, coconut milk, noodle bowls, and more. Most items are free of gluten, artificial colors/flavors and MSG – more reason to celebrate a New Year, and new you! Our ingredients and recipes offer simple solutions to spice up any celebration – and what better time to “thai” new dishes than Chinese New Year? The traditional 15-day celebration kicks off February 10, 2013, and is a perfect reason to gather a group of friends and try tasty Asian cuisine.
I also came across this delicious looking dish on Simply Asia and had to share because there are Shrimps involved!
Follow Thai Kitchen on Twitter at @Thai_Kitchen
Follow Simply Asia Food on Twitter at @SimplyAsiaFoods
This sponsorship is brought to you by Foodie Blogroll who we have partnered with for this promotion.